Sunday, March 15, 2009

like {mother} like [son]

After the consultation on Thursday, the surgeon confirmed that J definitely has a hernia, like I did at his age. He explained all sorts of stuff that I didn't really understand or listen too and said it was up to me if I wanted to do surgery or not, but I thought it would just be best to be taken care of. It runs the risk of getting bigger and a rare risk of getting intestines fused into it and stuff like that so it might as well be taken care of. His day of surgery now is Wednesday, not sure of the time since the surgical center calls the day before to confirm time. So there you have it...

5 comments:

Lori said...

surgery on little ones is sooo scary. i hate it!! i hope all goes well for your cute boy.

countrygirl said...

Hope everything goes will with Jorel! We will be thinking of you!
love ya,

Lori said...

Well now you know what it is a last. Hopefully that removes some worry from you. I'm sure all will go well. He will probably do really well. Good Luck. Let me know if you need anything or any help.

Jena said...

Oh poor bubba!!!! Well, i'll come bring him some baby snacks... and his sunglasses and "snack jar" or whatev! Let me know if you need anything i hope it goes well!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I had a hernia when I was three. I turned out ok...i think...lol. He'll be fine! Best wishes, Steve