Wednesday, November 5, 2008

State Champions!

So if you hadn't heard yet, last weekend, the Hurricane Volleyball team took outright the 3A Utah State Championship for the first time ever - and I got to be a part of it!! How exciting right? I've been an assistant coach for the last 2 years and knew that this was a great possibility. The girls played SO awesome, winning every game of every match - no one else even had a chance. I am so proud of this team because they suffered through a few adversities with injuries and attitude problems and so forth, but came together ten fold when it mattered. They are a great bunch of girls and I am so happy that they got to experience this. I actually got to experience it when I was going to school for basketball and we beat Judge Memorial for the championship game 49-12. It was my sophomore year, and I even got to play in the final game. So now I get to have 2 state rings - we picked these ones out yesterday - and that's exciting enough, hopefully these are 2 of a few more to come. I stole this pic from the other assistant coach (and friend - thanks Bracken :)

Rayla, Me, and Megan
On another note, I just have to say how excited i was to get my hair to curl on my own! I have the worst luck with hair when I try to do it myself, so with some great tid-bits from my co-assistnat coach, Bedazzle Rayla, I was able to do it! It's still a work in progress, but it is progress!
And I got some more cute pics of Jorel today, he LOVES it outside! He's just growing up WAY too fast. Ginger loves that kid too...






Oh, and I guess he won the Halloween costume contest while I was gone to state. My awesome step-sister was watching him and took him to their ward party as a girl. She says she has pics, so I'll have to get them from her! I can't wait to see them either!

6 comments:

dxeechick said...

oh and congrats on the state champ thing! woo!

dxeechick said...

cute curls and cute baby! he's so funny.

dall.eric said...

the hair does look cute!! and the pics of baby J are adorable. I like the artsy one with the pine cone!

Colten and Megan said...

Very Cute Pictures! I think you should be a photographer because your pictures are awesome. It's probably helpful that you boy is so stinkin' cute. :)

Sky and Melissa said...

Congrats on winning state champions! That is awesome! Your little boy is so adorable. I agree with Dall about liking the one him and the pine cone :) Very cute!

Lori said...

Congratulations on the State Championship. That is always so exciting. If all goes well, there might be two State Champ teams at Hurricane. What a year! That's awesome that you coach. I bet you love it.