Friday, August 29, 2008

When Life Gives You Lemons...

... feed them to your baby and watch the face that he makes. Don't worry, it was only a little piece. I've been keeping myself SO busy, but its been good for me. Some say it keeps you out of trouble, and I suppose that may be true. Volleyball try-outs started on the 11th of this month so that's what I've been up to ever since - well, along with all the other stuff still. Jorel is still growing and being so funny! He is crawling so fast now and loves to be chased around and wrestle with anyone who will - especially Grandpa Ron. He's starting to take control of his balance and getting so ready to walk. He's now 10 months and 1 week old and time sure isn't slowing down! He's such a good baby even with those stubborn front teeth that just don't seem to want to cut through his sore little gums. It breaks my heart to not be able to just pull them through! Just knowing that he is so uncomfortable - but he is such a little trooper!!

I finally have gotten to wear my watch because I got it sized - isn't it a beaut? My sis got it for me for my birthday and I really like it. Also this last weekend my friend Derek came down again. He's always nice to see and spend time with. I've known him since we were both in 7th grade and have been friends ever since. We went to his parents house for dinner on Sunday and had some shrimp alfredo pasta and man it was good! We also had our first volleyball games Friday and Saturday, so I spent about 14 hours in the gym for those 2 days. That gets tiring, but the team played pretty well. Tonight was their first home game against Delta and they got a win in 4 games. I was coaching the sophomores and we ended up winning in 4 games too. So really, that's pretty much all I've been up to - plus there's always school but nothing too exciting and nothing too dull :) so its been going pretty good...
At In N' Out

Just being so cute

Playing Peek-a-Boo
Derek and Me
Clearly not amused....

4 comments:

The Wrights said...

Oh the torture… force feeding him lemon and making him wear a girlie head band, the poor kid! Haha I love it. He looks so much bigger than when I saw him last. I just wanna bit him! You are one busy woman. I really want to come and see your team play. Sounds like their doing great!

Lisa Stapley said...

What a cute kid you have! Poor little guy dealing with his stubborn teeth... so is tha Derek, in the pic of you and that handsome man?? LOL, sorry just had to ask! Oh, and nice job on all the volleyball wins! Whats next, Olympics?? :)

BigMamaCassie said...

LOL! that's cute! Jorel is so adorable Krista, good job :)

dxeechick said...

I'm glad you like the watch. It looks good! Cute pics too