Friday, August 8, 2008

Running in Circles

I went running again today and it was a little better. I'm using the excuse that it's the added weight of the stroller... am I right? :) Anyway as you can see, my face gets bright red when I run - but not everywhere. My forehead, cheeks and chin get SUPER red, then, about where a clown would wear his white lip makeup, I stay pretty white. You can't really see it that well in the picture, but it's there - I promise. I've gotten that way ever since I was little. Most of my coaches have to ask me if I'm okay, or if I'm going to pass out. Well, I haven't passed out yet, so I think it's safe. Someone I knew once told me its how I show stress... who knows? I don't think it's going to change any time soon. Jorel really loves to be in that stroller. We pass a lot of interesting things that he likes to look at. He didn't fall asleep until the end of the not so long jog, but none-the-less, I think he enjoys it. He's such a good little trooper in whatever we seem to be doing.

The only problem with running today is the fact that I thought that our coaches meeting was at 2 instead of 10, so I missed it.... oops! I ran up to the high school to get the scoop and coach just needed to tell me times of all of our stuff next week, so it wasn't a big deal, thank heavens!

I did recently purchase new running shoes, that I love! Having a higher arch, I needed some shoes with better support. I also got new socks with some arch support in them that I also love. The shoes are the Nike+ kind, so with my iPod and the adapters, I know how far I run, how many calories I've burned, how long I ran, etc. I think it's pretty darn cool. I have an armband that goes with it so the adapter fits in.


And can anyone tell me what this extra little bump is on my leg? I've noticed it since high school and have yet to figure out what it is... it's squishy.
Jorel also got his new bigger boy car seat. He seems to like that pretty well too.
And this kid and his tongue are out of control! He licks everything!
Tata for now.

7 comments:

dxeechick said...

geez, did you win the lottery or something?? cool shoes!!

Krista said...

haha, no, only the shoes and the car seat are new and they were both on sale :)

dall.eric said...

love the shoes... I too have really high arches... maybe thats why I dont run... (I need to start!) I need better shoes!

Lisa Stapley said...

Running, Running, Running... If you can find time to do it, I can too right? No excuse... I need to start running. I also got some new Mizuno Running shoes for a steal of a deal (my friend works at Rebel Sports) so that is just one more reason I need to start.

The Wrights said...

Oh good job! Bravo for exercising.. expecially in this heat! I think the bump on your leg could be a fat deposit. Seriously, Darrell (he'll love me for this) has a few and that's what the doc said. There’s a huge one on his back, so of course I call him quasomoto. Haha!

The Vogt's said...

I wish I had your motivation :)

Justin, Crystal, Kayli, and Kaden said...

Krista! Hey buddy! I found your blog. You look so pretty! It's fun to see how your doing. You have a gorgeous little boy. He looks just like you. It sounds like you are doing well and you are happy. We are living in Hurricane now. I would love to see you. My daughter Kayli is 2, she saw the picture of your little guy and said, "that's me friend." We'll have to play together! Keep in touch! parkin4son.blogspot.com