Friday, July 25, 2008

Nine Months and Crawling

I know, crazy right? So this post might be a long one as usual... the last couple of weeks I've been doing a lot of fun thing and keeping myself super busy! I'll start with the lake trip... We weren't there for very long, but Trina invited me out to the lake with her and her boys to hopefully catch some rays and splash around in the water on Wednesday (the 16th). We definitely got both. There was hardly anybody at Sand Hollow, which was weird, but we had a great time watching the boys splash around. Her boys are so cute with Jorel and they all kept me laughing.

Then that following Friday I met my sissy and bro-in-law out in Vegas so they could squeeze the kid and I could get a sibling fix... We went swimming some more - cause you know Jorel LOVES the water - and ate at the Rainforest Cafe which was yummy! I didn't get home til 4 am, but it was worth it, it always is to see those two! Last Monday I headed up to Park City because the Pegasus traveling team (softball) needed another coach so I filled in. Jorel did SO great up there! He even had a little cold but let JD haul him around every where with little or no complaining, what a stud. JD was fantastic - he's only 12 years old and took care of Jorel better than some adults I know :) It really let me enjoy coaching and not worry about what the kid was doing. And Jorel is officially darker than I am. I got back Thursday after the head coach took me and his fam out to P.F. Chang's for my birthday - delicious!
The next day Ron was awesome enough to cook up a bar-b-que for my birthday and got to even invite some friends over - more deliciousness! Mom made me my favorite cake - red velvet with cream cheese frosting, we could find rainbow chip frosting ANYWHERE! And of course I got some fabulous presents... Trina and Darrell were really enjoying themselves:
Just kidding, good times were had by all, I think. My good friend Derek was in town so Saturday he took me out to Zion and we climbed up Angel's Landing - not all the way because it was pretty windy on top and we had a six year old with us, who probably did better than I did making it up there. It was my first time up there and those who haven't been there, it is absolutely beautiful! We had a nice cool down because it rained on us. I'd do it again if I ever recover... just kidding, again - but I was spent! We didn't even get back into Hurricane until 11:00 then dropped the pooped 6 year old, Sadie, off at her house and grabbed some grub at Denny's, stayed up way too late, and had some great conversation catching up.
And then that brings us to today... Finished up some homework and just taking it easy. It's been a great few weeks and Jorel is being funny as ever! He's already booking it across the carpet... and I hear its all down hill from here! So excited!

3 comments:

The Tanners said...

Looks like your little man is such a trooper. Gosh he does so well when you take him all over. I am coaching VB at Bountiful High in Aug and am really excited but worried that Mya won't love living in a gym everyday. I think she will do fine just something she is not used too. Jorel seems to do fine though! Well I am glad to see things are going great and Happy Late B-day!

dxeechick said...

sounds like an awesome birthday week! i am DYING at the fact that Jorel is crawling. of course he always does stuff RIGHT after we see him. oooooh! so cute. i want to hear more about your zion hike. i'm too scared to do that one!! love you.

The Wrights said...

Ahh..good times! Thanks again for inviting us. We really did enjoy ourselves! It was fun to see Jorel have such a blast at the lake. Let's do it again! Next time I'm buying.:) "Oh...I seemed to have forgotten my wallet...darn it."