Friday, July 4, 2008

Let Freedom Ring!

This week I have been free from school and practices and it has been wonderful - a great refresher to get me geared back up again. I do wish that I was free from allergies, but no such luck - they're kicking my butt again this year, but I'm surviving. I've been pretty lazy this week. Just hanging around the house, watched a couple of movies and enjoyed a nice 4th with my parents and Jorel. I finally saw Transformers - I know, I'm WAY behind. I hadn't been to the movie theater for about a year until I went and saw Hancock on Wednesday. It was really good until a certain point, then I felt that it flopped... but who am I to judge? Thursday we headed to Trina and Darrel's for a BBQ which was yummy! Can't go wrong with burgers, hot dogs, fries, chips, and brownies! Then for the 4th I set up a little pool for Jorel and I so after lunch we went swimming - Ginger didn't dare join us, scaredy cat. After swimming we had a BBQ here with burgers, corn-on-the-cob, jello, potato salad, lemonade, and Dad's root beer. It was another delightful dinner. I'm not complaining to BBQ two days in a row - works for me! Ron was coaching bases at the Hurricane vs. La Verkin traditional annual softball game so we watched the last few innings. Don't worry, Hurricane won 17 - 14. The fireworks followed and lasted about 8 minutes. They were okay, nothing to brag about - and no huge bugs were buzzing in our ears - you know what I'm talking about sis! Jorel was fascinated with the fireworks and was even laughing at them by the time they were done. I would say he had a great day. Good grub, swimming, a softball game, and fireworks - can you beat it? The summer nights here are the best because its still warm enough to walk around in shorts and a T and be super comfortable. Hope that everyone could celebrate their Independence Day with lots of joy. Here's to the week of freedom!

3 comments:

The Tanners said...

Hey krista, Joral, sorry if I spelled it wrong, is getting so big! He is such a doll though. I would love to see him and you of course next time I am in town. You sound extremely busy, man I am very sorry. Being a mom alone is so hectic, but to also be doing schooling and coaching that is way hard!!! SO thats your secret for staying so think and gorgeous! How is amber and her new little one doing? Have you seen you lately? YOu look great and sound good, hope it continues to do so. I would love to coach vb, I think it would be a blast! Love ya girl

dxeechick said...

Sounds like a good 4th! Especially all the BBQ. Yum. And the lack of giant bugs is always a bonus. HILARIOUS. I was just telling Jake about that the other day. Haha

Onjali and Todd said...

Hi Krista, I am so amazed at all the people I have found that have blogs. I am glad you found me. Your little boy is really cute and you look great too.