Friday, October 10, 2008

Get Away

This last week Jorel and I left Southern Utah to head out to Southern Indiana - my old stomping grounds for college. All those softball girls - and others - had been dying to meet my sweet little guy. So on the first we headed to Las Vegas at 5 am (thanks SO much James!!!!) to catch our flight out at 8. Jorel stayed asleep until we got there and then I fed him while we waited to board our plane. He did so good on the trip! We even got compliments as we were getting off the plane that he did so good. We landed in Nashville, Tennessee to visit my bestest friend ever, Lindsey, for a couple of days. Jorel got to meet Ginger's sister, Queenie, and thought that she was the funniest things ever. He giggled so hard at her when she barked right in his face even. Its too bad that I didn't get to spend more time with her! She has the cutest apartment and seems to be doing so good! I was so glad to spend a couple of nights with her.


She teaches 1st grade so we went to their school's Fall Festival and had ice cream with her mom afterwards.
After having lunch with her on Friday - I took her Chick-Fil-A -YUMMY - Jorel and I headed up to Evansville. Its about a 3 hour trip and Jorel slept most of the time. I couldn't be more grateful. We got to my coach's house and ran up to campus to see a few people. Jenny bear came over that night and we watched movies. The next day was our alumni game so I got to see people that I hadn't seen in over 2 years! Kristin, my other bestest buddy, came down from Ohio to be there. It was so much fun to see every one. The game is nothing serious, but I went 2 for 4 with 2 strike outs - embarrassing, I know, and 2 singles. It was a hoot. It really lets you know how out of shape you are!



That night, after eating at Buffalo Wild Wings - the best wings ever - us girls went out on the town. Missy, Jenn, Kristin and I went to Ri Ra's and just chilled while coach babysat. The three of them are all engaged and getting married off next summer. It was good to catch up.
Sunday was just a relaxing day for Jorel and I. The team was playing in Indianapolis so we had the day to ourselves. Got in a little shopping and good food, and just took it easy. I think we both needed a day like that.
Monday the Fall Festival started - its a big deal there. It's supposedly the biggest outdoor event next to Mardi Gras or something. We went for lunch for some tenderloins and then again for dinner and I had the Hawaiian Burger - all so greasy and yummy.
Tuesday Jorel and I left around 7 and got to the airport in now time. Our flight wasn't until 1, and so we sat around for a couple of hours checking out the stores and eating while we waited for our flight. He was pretty warn out by this time and didn't want to have to sit on my lap for another 3 hours.
He eventually fell asleep and did pretty well the rest of the way home, but got really restless driving back from Vegas, but he made it. I ran over to the volleyball game as soon as we got back so I don't know that I've fully recovered from the trip! Hopefully I'll get in some rest this weekend.

7 comments:

BigMamaCassie said...

WOW! What a trip :) I am glad you had a great time!

The Wrights said...

Awesome! Sounds like you had a blast. It's great to have you back though! :)

Heather said...

Your little boy is super cute! I'm glad you had a fun trip . .how is it that I'm just discovering the blogging world? Too much fun.

dall.eric said...

oh it sounds like a fun trip!! and yay that baby J was so good!

Porters said...

i cant believe how big he is getting. i am coming down this next weekend maybe i will give you a call and we can hang out for alittle while. maybe have a girls lunch again. tiffany lives there now and we could get amber and just go for lunch. i will give you a call to see what you are doing.

Sky and Melissa said...

Sounds like you had a fun and busy trip! Your little guy is getting so big.

Colten and Megan said...

Hey I am blog stalking you!!! he he So I never even asked you about Sky Diving??? Sounds like lots of fun. I seriously can't believe I forgot to talk to you about it. Well, see you monday at practice. :)