Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Injured Friend

Jorel's day started out a little rough yesterday when I walked over to his crib and found him with his bunny (from Aunt Lara) in one hand and the bunny's ear in the other. Really, I know it didn't phase him, but I was sad for his bunny - nothing that a grandma can't take care of! But I could have sworn that the bunny used to have a smile on his face. I'm using it as an excuse to why he was a little grumpy yesterday but it was probably just his little tooth trying to come through. I also let him try to feed himself some butternut squash towards the end of his dinner. He loves squishing it in his hands and created a huge mess, but it was fun for both of us. I've been making most of his food out of the First Meals book by Annabel Karmel and so far he's liked every thing I've made. Sometimes I think that he can eat more than I do, which is craziness - growing boy!

We ended the day with a bath in the sink and some time outside where he gets to watch Grandma clip roses, Grandpa water the lawn, and he loves to laugh at the cats and dog. Him and Ginger have grown quite fond of each other. Jorel just laughs at her play and Ginger loves to try and lick the slobber off his face. Gross I know - I just can't seem to get her to stop, she's way too hyper active but a good dog. So we played fetch and Jorel laughed and we all calmed down in the porch swing. It was good times.

Today we went to volleyball practice which happens Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays and the poor kid sits so patient through it. We're there from 10 to at least 1 and he just sits and watches most of the time with occasional complaining of boredness, I'm sure. He also sat through all the softball practices and some games in the spring and loved flirting with all of the girls. I guess he's just kind of gotten used to it. Looking forward to another day!

2 comments:

dxeechick said...

hahaha i love the bunny picture. and jorel's head is almost as big as yours. oh boy, he looks so cute.

The Wrights said...

Oh I am so sad for the bunny... That would make me grumpy too.