Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Beginning

So here I am in the blog world... who would've known? Anyway, jumping right in: Jorel and I are really enjoying our time together since I was lucky enough to stay at home with the cutest kid ever - I may be a little biased! I'm currently working on my MBA in Finance through Capella University online and its going okay, can't say I'm the most motivated person and usually do my homework the night before its due - which can cause some stress and sleepless nights, but i haven't learned yet! I'm also coaching softball and volleyball at Hurricane High, the old stomping grounds, and enjoy it quite a bit. It sure brings back a lot of old memories. And to just keep me doing something - haha - I'm working for my bestest brother-in-law, Paul and my favorite sister ever, Jaana helping them find photographers for their company, Home View. But enough about me...


Jorel is 7 months 3 weeks and 2 days old today - Born October 23, 2007. He cut his first tooth on Friday the 13th with the next one pretty close to coming through. He doesn't stop moving - even when he's asleep - and has been rolling like a barrel. I definitely have my hands full for years to come! He is just a bundle of energy and does the cutest things. We can all sit around and just watch him all day and never get bored. He is one of the happiest babies I've ever know and he knows I'm so grateful for that!

We just recently got back from California visiting my Jaana, Paul and my bro Jake - who is out there helping them from Missouri - in Burbank. We were supposed to only stay for 4 days, but easily turned that into a week and a half. It was marvelous! Its always fun to visit my sister because she demands a good time and we totally appreciate it! We got some great pics and can't wait to go back!

Strolling at the LA Zoo
Getting smoked by the fountain at Americana
Huntington Beach for a bonfire

Six Flags Magic Mountain

It is just adorable how when I show Jorel pictures of his aunt and uncles, he gets the biggest grin on his face! Jaana took all the pictures - she's so amazing! We had too much fun and can't wait to do it again!

5 comments:

Mom Riitta said...

OH! This looks so good. I love it. Thanks for sharing and keep us posted - even though we live in the same household I keep missing out on things. I must be getting old!
Hugs,
MOM

dxeechick said...

welcome to the world of blogging. its a little addicting sometimes. your page is cuteness - just like you guys. <3

countrygirl said...

Hey! It was fun to see all your pic's.Thanks for sharing. I guess this is the new way to keep in touch. Its a good way to keep connected! I was in Utah in April and it was fun to see the Nugent clan and their families. I went to a missionary reunion and to conference. Had a great time. We are all doing well here in Missouri surviving all the storms. Joreal is darling! Love to you and your family, Maybe I will do a blog!
Aunt Diana

The Vogt's said...

Hey this is Melissa (gubler) I saw your blog on facebook. Your little boy is so dang cute!

Lisa Stapley said...

HI There! Remember me from the good old days? This is Lisa Duke, its good to see you are doing well! Your little boy is so so cute... anyway, just wanted to say hi. Come check out my blog!