Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sand Hollow, Sushi, and Sunshine

I must be one lucky girl because I had another GREAT weekend - and this next weekend is going to be so great because we're having a little family reunion. Actually my whole week was pretty good. Last Friday I got to experience Peach Days for the first time thanks to the Stanworths. I think its a cute little festival (?) and a neat tradition that Hurricane has upheld all these years. Wednesday we had volleyball games at Moapa High which is never really the best drive or anything, but it wasn't too bad. James was nice enough to baby-sit until my mom got off work - thanks James!! While in Moapa, our bus driver took us to eat at this little sandwich and ice cream place that was really good! So if you ever need something to eat while there, you should check it out, you should be able to find it, there's not too much there.

This last Friday our volleyball team swept Park City then Derek came over... I know, I know, again? Yes, and it was way fun. We didn't do much Friday night because it was late and I was actually finnishing up some homework - how fun for him, right? So, Saturday we met up with Brett and a friend of his to go boating at the lake. It was SO much fun. I think we were on the lake about five hours. I'm so sore from tubing that its ridiculous! I also tried wake boarding and it wasn't so successful, but I think given another shot, I might be able to do it... maybe.

We also went and jumped off a cliff. It really is such an adrenaline rush. I think it was about 25 feet high and took a lot of motivating to get off the cliff... "Holy Smokes, it's the Golden Night!" - not me, Brett. Apparently I'm the rock star princess.... And Derek made it happen with some shake and bake. After you jump and look back up, the cliff only looks like a large rock - which really it was, I just like calling it a cliff because I feel pretty cool that I jumped off of it. Haha, jk. But you feel pretty silly that it took you that long to jump off, but then you get back up there and it looks so high again! So weird but fun. After the lake we headed to Samurai 21 and had some sushi, then some Cold Stone and off to watch tivo-ed college football. By the time I got home, I think it was about 7 seconds before I was completely out... that sunshine sure wears you down - and of course I got sunburned because I didn't reapply my sunscreen, grrr. Today- Sunday - Derek made us some yummy crepes after church. Luckily Derek left his crepes pan at his parents house so I'm sure we'll be having them again - yeah! I had never had dinner crepes before so they were new to me and SO good. Jorel just played so good. Derek's mom had this little chair that she keeps a stuffed bear on, and Jorel just fit in it. It was so funny and so stinking cute - not to mention he is the biggest ham! I love it. Anyway, here are some pictures from the lake and the little chair:




What a wonderful world :)

No comments: