Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Luke Nugent Memorial

if you hadn't heard yet, one of the reasons that luke chose to take his own life was because he was bullied.  it seriously still makes me so sick to my stomach.  i know there is only so much we can do to stamp out bullying, but i hope that we are all making it a big part of teaching this to our kids.  please don't be a bully.  and if you're being bullied, please seek help.  

my brother and his wife were able to address the school board yesterday and ask for help to get rid of this problem.  let's help them make a change, not only in carl junction, missouri, but all over the world.  bullying is not okay.  we have enough to worry about what our kids are facing.  bullying these days doesn't get turned off.  with all of the social media and cell phone and any other devices our kids might have, bullying can be a 24/7 ordeal.  i know we can only do our best to educate our kids on this issue, but that's all that is being asked.  

if you haven't already, please visit www.lukenugentmemorial.com and read up on the changes that Mika and Jessica are trying to make for their only son.  also please visit and like his facebook page here:  www.facebook.com/LukeNugentMemorial?fref=ts 
that kid was always trying to make a difference.  we miss you, luke.  


my parents also planted a dogwood tree in our yard in honor of luke, because that was one of his favorite trees.  my mom made the garden beautiful and it will be exciting to see that tree grow.  



1 comment:

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

oh my gosh that makes me so sad! I'm very sorry. I hate bullies and it just breaks my heart.